Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Member Profile: Erica Regelin






 





My main focus is paintings and drawings (usually made into cards, gift tags, bookmarks, etc) and wallets and checkbook covers made from recycled magazines, newspapers, tissue paper, etc. I spend a lot of time working on my watercolor paintings, it can take me twenty hours to finish a painting! But I enjoy every moment (well, for the most part) and think it's worth it. Once they're finished I scan the painting and print it as a card, tag, or whatever else I'm in the mood for. The wallets and checkbook covers are made by spending countless hours looking through magazines (usually with a helper) to find images we think could work as either. Then theyre all cut out, poked and prodded, smushed and pressed, and then sewn into a final piece. Each wallet and checkbook cover have two pockets, stretch a bit to hold more things and can be made so theyre security safe (as in, no one can read your credit cards with a machine through the wallet). I'm also hoping to branch off into other things, as inspiration hits, like handmade books!



Right now a theme of mine is 'Horse Butts' so if you see a painting on a card or other object and you're not sure what it is, that's probably what it is! As many of us know, owning a pet can be life's greatest joys and well, honestly, you'll do a lot of things for an animal you wouldn't even consider doing for a human. As a pet owner (or guardian or friend or mommy/daddy) we love EVERY part of our pet/daughter/son/friend, including their butts. Who doesn't like a cute little animal butt? The only difference is.. horse butts are pretty big! But still super cute!! So I took the shape of a horse butt and made it into a heart thus showing my horse butt love. (I really hope you're still with me here and that I didn't scare off too many of you.. we all love our pets, some just aren't as vocal about it as me!)

Another theme is cupcakes, cakes, or desserts of any kind. I LOVE baking, I cannot even express this to you enough. I hate cooking but if it has sugar or tastes super dessert-delicious.. I'm up for it. I'll spend hours working on it, making my kitchen dirty, myself dirty and maybe even crying a little just for that moment of simple pleasure of eating a dessert. (Thankfully my boyfriend is a good guy who loves to eat dessert too!) But uh, back on topic, so why not paint what I love to make? I took a course in school all about painting food and it changed my life forever, in a way of putting it I 'saw the light!' I'm slowly building up my collection of food related paintings, I take great pleasure and pains to make sure each one is beautiful when it's done since its such a huge passion of mine so not as many of those are ready for the site yet, but soon!


I'm also up to doing custom work! Wallets and checkbook covers can be made with your logo or other personal images (some I cannot use because of copyright infringement, if you're unsure whether your image is copyright infringement please don't hesitate to contact me and we can discuss if it is and what other options you have!) cards can be made with personal tag lines or insides, and countless other things I'm sure I'm just not thinking of. Contact me if you have any ideas (even if they don't fit into what I've written here, I'm always up for a challenge, especially artistically!).

Hope to hear from you soon! (Especially if you're buying!)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/redbowillustration


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...